Evan Rubinson has an impressive career resume in the music and financial industries. He launched his own business, ERA Music Brands, in June 2022 after having served as the CEO for ddrum Percussions, Luna Guitars, and Dean Guitars for the previous six years. He was responsible for the day-to-day management of all three music businesses, and his duties involved everything from dealing with supply chain bottlenecks to answering customer questions about specific musical instruments.
ERA Music Brands sells instruments and accessories to the public. The transition to launching this business seemed like a natural one for Evan Rubinson, but he didn’t start out his career intending to work in the music industry. Although he has been a music lover all his life, Rubinson pursued a college degree in finance from Duke University and made that his initial career trajectory.
Rubinson’s Career in Finance and Investment
ERA Music Brands is not the only avenue of self-employment Rubinson has pursued in his young life. He also created Koroit Capital, a hedge fund focused on the healthcare industry. He serves as both the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Koroit Capital. Evan Rubinson continues to maintain a passion for investing in real estate and biotechnology. He owns and manages several interests in commercial real estate, all located in the Southwest region of the United States.
Professional Memberships and Philanthropy
Rubinson currently holds three membership and board positions. These include:
- Duke University Alumni Associations Advisory Committee (board member)
- The National Association of Music Merchants
- University of South Florida Muma College of Business Digital Marketing Program (advisory board panel member)
Giving back to the communities that have supported his education and career is important to Evan Rubinson. As a graduate of Tampa Jesuit High School and Duke University, he is proud to be an alumnus donor for both schools. Other organizations that Rubinson proudly supports include:
- Mike Calta Family Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for at-risk children and young adults through community advocacy and financial support.
- SGT Shredder: Rocking to Heal Vets is an organization that raises money by performing live concerts to help veterans of the Armed Forces recover from post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Southeastern Guide Dogs breeds, raises, and trains service and companion dogs to assist disabled veterans, children with significant disabilities, and people who are blind or who have severe visual impairment.
- Tampa Bay Humane Society takes in lost, abandoned, and surrendered pets and cares for them until they find a new home.
No one can argue that Evan Rubinson is not a driven man. However, his drive and passion don’t exist just to fulfill his own needs and goals. He strongly believes in the power of music to bring people together, the promise of entrepreneurship, and the life-changing nature of charitable giving. The time he spends pursuing each of these activities only proves that his desire to make a positive impact on the world is genuine.