Medical science has advanced immensely in the past few years giving rise to new improved treatment methods. Today, when a person undergoes a surgery, he/she experiences less discomfort and also recovers quickly unlike earlier days. People treated for dental implant feel that they haven’t realized any issues even though it was a complicated dental surgery. It is because the experienced certified dentist surgeon applies the most effective way that doesn’t trouble their patients at all.
Your emergency dentist will check your oral health to decide whether you need to get dental implant immediately or need to postpone it. In Cypress, one of the famous regions of Texas, you have the most skilful team of dentists to contact Orion Dental Specialists. They are the best help to implant artificial teeth after completing the surgery process of dental implant.
Any surgery to be a success, the patient needs to take utmost care of themselves to avoid health issues. The same theory applies for dental implants. Now, if the patient is planning to get a dental implant, there is a need to take care of many things before surgery.
Here are the things to do –
- Be calm and have healthy meal. It will be helpful not to eat heavy food two hours before the surgery.
- Take one day leave from work.
- You can continue to use good quality anti-bacterial mouth wash to maintain your oral hygiene one week prior to the surgery.
- You can ask someone to accompany you to your dentist place. This is because you may feel jittery or have a headache after surgery. Otherwise you can arrange a trusted transportation service.
Things that will happen during the surgery that you need to be aware of:
- After necessary preparation, the dentist will administer sedation to you for not experiencing pain and discomfort.
- The surgeon would make tiny incisions in mouth for exposing the bone where the implant must be placed.
- To make space for new tooth, the surgeon will use surgical drill and fix the titanium screw in the created space.
- For a while your jawbone will naturally heal and the gum tissues will fuse with the newly implanted titanium screw.
- Once the healing process of the bone and gum is complete, your dentist will fix the abutment to the screw. It helps to keep the tooth crown fixed in its place.
- Till your gum heals, cosmetic dentist will make the artificial teeth using the impression and the measurement of the space where your original tooth was present earlier.
- Finally, your natural tooth replica is mounted over the abutment.
Your mind may remain clogged for an hour after the surgery is completed. Your sedation dentistry surgeon will assist you to rest for a while. The whole process of dental implant takes few weeks time. It may take even months for the whole process to complete because of the medical history of the patient. In the recovery period, you need to be quite careful to assist in the healing process without any hassle. Otherwise, it will take longer time to fix the artificial tooth.
Here are the tips to take care after the dental implant surgery:
- It will be helpful to avoid crunchy and hard chewing food for few weeks.
- Do regular brushing of teeth and flossing.
- Don’t forget to rinse your mouth daily with antibacterial mouth wash.
- Avoid smoking.
You don’t have to fear about dental implants as the surgery ranks in the list of safe dental treatment.